Sunday, July 21, 2013

A humble request to my friends.

Friends, family and acquaintances, I need your help. I need your help to make Unda Vosari: Legends a success.

This is not the kind of thing I enjoy writing and I dislike having to do so in any capacity.

I love being an author. Ever since I sat down and started toying with the idea of writing a novel about pirates, I fell in love with every aspect of Unda Vosari. The characters, the story, the setting and every other facet the Unda Vosari series is something I've enjoyed pouring my heart and soul into. There's very little I would change about Unda Vosari and there is nothing more that I would like than to keep writing. I want to tell an epic story about the world of Unda Vosari and every person in it, from kings and queens to pirates and merchants.

A lot of people have enjoyed hearing about me talk about what I've written and what goes into it and the ideas I've had. People have talked to me about what they liked, what they didn't like, how they enjoyed watching the characters evolve and the story grow. I've seen people boggle at how I've managed to create a half-dozen unique stories that run concurrently and weave into and out of each other and want to learn more, see exactly what the Unda Vosari series can grow into.

Right now, though, I'm facing a harsh decision and it's one I can't really make on my own.

Unda Vosari: Legends is good. I dare say it's potentially on the cusp of great, and I know it can be better. I want to be able to take what I've written to a professional editor that will look at every aspect of the novel, from the pace, flow and scope of the story down to spell-checking and proof-reading. They'll take what I've written and make it better. After that, I want to be able to take it to a professional marketing company and see to it that this polished work of art is put it where it's accessible to people who would enjoy reading not only the first novel but future novels as well. I want to be able to hold a book that's been reviewed by newspapers and magazines and say "This newspaper thinks my book is great and they recommend it to everyone" or "This fantasy periodical has endorsed my novel as a great book to read."

I need support to make all of this happen and bring a new series with an exciting, edgy and adventurous story to the literary world. What I need is a chance to push this series above and beyond what it's at right now. What I've done so far is only the beginning. People have only seen the bare bones of an entire series of novels I want to publish, and I have every desire to see it through to the very end, but I can't do it without your help.

I want to do all of that and more, but I can't do it myself.

I've spent years writing and rewriting and polishing and pushing myself to keep at it, because it's something I believe in. I want everybody else to believe in me too, which is why I'm asking for your help in bringing this novel to the world as something we can all be proud of. Every single person who donates to the project at $15 or more will have their name in the book with my own personal thank you. You will be immortalized as the ones who brought the first novel to the world and helped the beginning of an epic story I desperately want to see pushed to the end. I'm asking you, please... Pledge, share and let everyone know that there is a new fantasy series coming that you want to see succeed.

Without your support, I'm not going to be able to show the world what an epic series Unda Vosari can be.

Please go to this page and please share this post. Thank you to everybody for doing everything you can to help me continue doing the one thing I truly feel passionate about.

http://igg.me/at/UndaVosari/x/3855457

No comments:

Post a Comment